Hi everyone! As we approach the last days of 2020 I thought I would share the top nine pictures of 2020 that I posted on Instagram. These are chosen by the number of likes they got from all of you that follow me on Instagram. Thank you guys for all the likes, comments, and encouragement. When you share that a card I created inspired YOU to create- that seriously makes my day!
I figure since they were so popular I would also link to the original post about them so that you could see how they were created.
If you don’t already follow me over on Instagram, I would love it if you do- it is a fun way to connect with all of you, especially through Instagram Stories. These are quick little posts or videos where I share some behind the scenes in my studio, adventures on cape cod, the kitties, and more. When I post a story they only last for 24 hours, so they are always changing. Not sure how to find Instagram Stories? Hopefully, this will help:
Search for “Jenn Shurkus” to go to my profile on Instagram. From there if you see a colored ring around my profile photo you can tap it, to go through my recent stories.
Below my profile you will see circles, these are highlights I have organized into groupings. Since stories only last for 24 hours, I have saved some here that I thought you might want to see past the 24 hours. You can tap each circle and it will bring you through a series of stories.
Another way to be able to see stories from those that you follow is to tap the home icon at the bottom of your screen, then you will see along the top a bunch of profile photos- those are who you follow, who also have current stories to watch.
I hope this helps! Now onto my top nine!
- Cheers 2021 – you can also see a fun little video I put together sharing how I created these ombré, sparkly letters!
- Christmas Poinsettia – I am blown away at the feedback I got from this card I posted, thank you so much!
- Jingle all the way – this was a quick last minute card I created that turned out so fun!
- Snowflake Season – I have to admit, I think the holographic cardstock is what won you over on this one
- One in a Melon – It isn’t often that I create clean & simple cards like this, but I definitely took note that you guys like them!
- Grungy Halloween – I was wicked excited to have time this year to create a few more Halloween and Fall projects. Usually, I am caught up in the whirlwind of travel and teaching and don’t get as much time in my studio.
- Inky Backgrounds – I used these yummy backgrounds that I created after watching one of Tim Holtz’s demos to create this Thanks Card and this Hello Card. Don’t worry, I saved the others for future projects!
- Rainbow Bright – This was a class I had planned to teach in-person at Crop on the Cape, since that couldn’t happen this year I sold the class kits. I have plans on teaching an online class with a similar “rainbow bright” theme! Stay tuned!
- Merry Snowflakes – I created this fun card for my Get Cracking on Christmas series. I have a lot of fun things planned for this series in 2021, so watch for that! This card also inspired me to create 50 thank you cards that I needed for some special people, you can see a fun post I shared of all the background here.
In fairness, a lot of these posts are from the 2nd half of the year. I gained a lot of new Instagram followers this year, so of course posts later in the year will get more likes than the ones that I posted early on. That is why I look forward to sharing with you my favorite projects of the year soon!