*virtual* Creative Journey Art Retreat
October 30-31, 2021
To be notified of future events, be sure to subscribe to my email newsletter here
In 2014, I started hosting Art Retreats in Providence Rhode Island and when I moved back to Cape Cod I continued hosting them here. I found the perfect space to host the art retreats on Cape Cod and I couldn’t have been happier! Throughout the pandemic even though we couldn’t craft together in person- I didn’t let that stop us! I started hosting *virtual* Creative Journey Art Retreats! I am looking forward to hosting in-person events again soon, but for now, I think it is still the safe thing to keep these events virtual, not to mention all of the new people worldwide who have been able to take part!
Creative Journey: a virtual art retreat from the comfort of your home
What is a virtual Creative Journey Art Retreat?
This is a dedicated creative time that will be hosted in an exclusive/private Facebook group. Attendees will get a carefully created kit delivered to your door. It will be filled with card supplies and goodies from our fabulous sponsors. During the retreat, you will be creating a stack of creative cards following my guidance. This retreat is open to all levels of cardmakers although it is encouraged that you have a basic understanding of cardmaking (how to stamp an image, die-cut, stenciling, etc).
I will go LIVE in the private Facebook group at the specified class times listed. With the kit that is shipped to you and the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to create right along with me as I teach. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section.
I have been hosting art retreats for 7 years and teaching papercrafting classes for 15+ years. With all these years of experience, I can promise you I am working hard to make this virtual event amazing!
Anyone who likes to play with paper wants to be inspired, enjoys learning new techniques, or just wants some “me” time, this event is for YOU! The fee for the event is $170 +shipping. This includes some products from the sponsors, your carefully created card kits for at least 12 holiday/winter cards, and 2 full days of creative class time. I plan on shipping kits at least two weeks before the event. If you live outside the US, I can not guarantee that the kit will arrive in time, however, you can always watch the replay videos and direct any questions to me in the exclusive Facebook group.
Watch the Facebook LIVE where I will go over details about this event and answer questions, Tuesday, August 31st at 7p ET Watch the replay of the LIVE I hosted explaining all the details and answering questions on my Facebook page here
Date & Location
This event will be held on Facebook in an exclusive/private Facebook group. The event is on October 30 & 31st, 2021. On Saturday we will run 10a – 1p, break for lunch and come back 2p-5p. Sunday we will run 10a-1p break for lunch and come back 2p-5p. All times are ET. You can check out the world clock here to figure out what time that means for you. And remember, a replay for all videos will be available!
Register HereSOLD OUT! You can still purchase the resources here
- When registration is LIVE, the opportunity to purchase the event resources will be LIVE as well, so in the case that the event sells out, you can purchase the resources. You will then gain access to the event handouts, coloring guides, and replays of the videos on November 1, 2021.
$170 price Includes:
- 10+ hours of instruction, and craft time
- goodies from our sponsors that we will use to create our cards, valued at $100+
- at least 12 handmade holiday/winter cards will be created. The cards you will be creating will be designed with some products from many companies including Lawn Fawn, Newton’s Nook, Hero Arts, Honey Bee Stamps, Tim Holtz/Stampers Anonymous/Idea-ology, Purple Onion Designs, Reverse Confetti, Simon Say Stamp, Trinity Stamps, Concord & 9th and Colorado Craft Company.
- everything needed to create all the cards will be provided (except for a few adhesives, ink pads, and basic supplies, a basic supply list will be provided to attendees soon)
- 15+ page retreat handout which includes images of all the cards, including detail shot, and supplies listed per card
- Copic coloring guides for the images we will be coloring with Copic markers (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- special discounts for shopping with the sponsors
- Colorado Craft Company
- Concord & 9th
- Hero Arts
- Honey Bee Stamps
- Lawn Fawn
- Newton’s Nook Designs
- Purple Onion Designs
- Reverse Confetti
- Simon Says Stamp
- Tim Holtz/Idea-ology
- Trinity Stamps
You will need a few basic supplies such as a few adhesives, ink pads, a coloring medium (I will be demonstrating with Copic markers), and basic supplies. A supply list will be provided to attendees soon. Many things can be substituted and quite a few items are optional.
- Due to the nature of this event, there are no refunds. Once you register and pay you are given access to the private Facebook group and the retreat resource page. You are provided the website and password so there are no refunds. If you are unable to attend the event LIVE you will be able to watch the replays.
- The event resource page and event videos are exclusive to event attendees it goes without saying this should not be shared with others. When the event sells out, crafty friends can still sign up for the event resources at a discounted rate and will then have access to these resources as well. I keep events and class fees affordable, I would hope you support me in not sharing this information. Thank you!
How this will work
Once you have purchased this online event, you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page. Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
Your order will not be processed until your package has shipped.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the event resource page, you will find a downloadable class supply list, which will be posted soon.
With the supplies, you have gathered ahead of time, and your Creative Journey Art Retreat package you get in the mail you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with me as I teach. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find, they are also linked directly on the event resource page.
Q: What is the cost of the event?
A: $170 + shipping
Q: Can I purchase more than one ticket?
A: Yes, but you will need to fill out the name, and email address for each person, so be sure to have that information. Then please email email@example.com any additional mailing addresses she will need.
Q: How long will you have access to the class:
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out.
Q: Your class is at 12 pm Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I never got the confirmation email.
A: First check in your Spam Folder. Some confirmation emails are ending up there. If you can’t find it, you can log into your account here, go to “orders” and see the information needed to join the Facebook group, or access the class resource page. If you still need help email Jenn (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class, or event will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of the event, pull the event Facebook group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When the event starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. You may need to refresh the page a few times for the LIVE video to appear. Click on that to watch. After the event is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: We accept credit cards, PayPal and Venmo.
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the event resource page, being provided the website and password there are no refunds. If you can not attend the event during the scheduled time you will have access to the replays of the videos, the handouts etc.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the videos will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language is the event?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos.
Note: Your order will not be processed until your package has shipped. You can find your receipt within your account here on this site. www.shurkus.com/my-account once logged in, go to “orders” and see the information needed to join the Facebook group, or access the class resource page. If you need help simply email Jenn (email@example.com)
Spread the Word- Social Share
If you are attending and would like to share your excitement on social media, feel free to download this image and share it on Instagram, Facebook, etc. You can tag @jennshurkus and use #creativejourneycapecod #creativechickclasses