Join Jenn Shurkus for her first in-person Creative Journey Art Retreat on Cape Cod, MA since the fall of 2019!
New oceanfront venue to accommodate more people!
Jenn hosted a LIVE going over all the details, see the replay here!
Join Jenn for two fun days of creative fun where we will be creating handmade cards, learning new techniques, as well as tips & tricks! Each attendee will get a goodie box filled with products from our sponsors, we will be using that product to create our projects! Many of you know Jenn is a part-time mermaid, so she is wicked excited to host this event at Pelham House Resort. We will be working in a bright and spacious room that overlooks the ocean. Can it get any better than that?
Jenn has been hosting art retreats since 2014, and she is eager to be in person with you again, her first in-person art retreat since the fall of 2019.
Creative Journey: An Art Retreat on Cape Cod
What is a Creative Journey Art Retreat? Imagine walking into a spacious, bright, inspiring creative space — this is where you will start your creative journey. During the retreat, you will be creating a stack of handmade cards. No matter if you are a card maker, a paper crafter, a scrapbooker, or all of the above, this retreat is for you!
As always there will be on-site shopping from a variety of the companies who are sponsoring the event which you can see below.
Did you know I have had people attend Creative Journey Art Retreats from several different states and 4 countries!?!
Anyone who likes to play with paper wants to be inspired, enjoys learning new techniques, or just wants some “me” time, this event is for YOU! This is a full weekend event.
Friday, November 17th (evening) – Dessert Soiree, cash bar & mingle
Saturday, November 18th 10a-5p – Creative Lessons, with an hour break for lunch
Sunday, November 19th 10a-5p – Creative Lessons, with an hour break for lunch
Date & Location
The event is held at Pelham House Resort which is conveniently located in Dennis Port, Massachusetts. There is ample parking available. There will be a special room rate if you would like to stay at the resort for the weekend.
- Registration is open now
- If/when either day sells out if you are interested in being on the waitlist, email Jenn
- This event has limited registration and we anticipate the event will sell out quickly. We suggest you set an alarm and plan to be on my site, ready to register at the time of registration opening.
- I encourage you to create an account on my site now, or if you already have an account be sure you know your password so that won’t slow down your checkout process. Also be sure to fill out all of your information ahead of time (first name, last name, email, etc). You can do that here: www.shurkus.com/my-account
- You can register for a friend at the same time you are registering for yourself. Choose the qty of people you are registering and fill out their name, email address
- I have recently upgraded my website and invested in upgraded systems to help with the large surge in traffic to this website during registration, but there is still a chance of the website having technical difficulties. Please know if this happens, I am aware of it and I will be working hard to fix it. Keep refreshing the page until it works again, thank you for your patience.
- If this is your first time registering for an event with me, read over this helpful post here
- 12 hours of instruction, and craft time
- a box filled with products from our sponsors that we will be using on our projects, valued at approx $175
- 15+ page printed retreat handout which includes images of all the cards, including detail shots, and supplies listed per card
- Copic coloring guides for the images we will be coloring with Copic markers (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- lunch (see menu below) catered by Pelham House Resort
- at least 12 handmade cards will be created. The cards pictured, above, are not the designs you will be making. The cards you will be making will be designed with some of the newest products from the sponsors
- a spacious and bright place to create
- access to shopping for any items you might be “jennabled” for
- card kits will be provided (you will need to bring some basic supplies, see below)
- sweets and water provided throughout the day
- opportunities to win special prizes
- coffee in the morning
- dessert soiree Friday night
- access to exclusive Creative Chick Co merchandise
You will need a few basic supplies such as a few adhesives, ink pads, a coloring medium (I will be demonstrating with Copic markers), and basic supplies. A supply list will be provided to attendees closer to the event once the cards are designed. Many things can be substituted and quite a few items are optional. Most of these items will be available for purchase at the event, just email Jenn if you would like her to set them aside for you.
I wouldn’t be able to host this fabulous event without these amazing sponsors! I appreciate their support so much!
- Avery Elle
- Colorado Craft Company
- Creative Chick Co
- Gina K Designs
- Hero Arts
- Honey Bee Stamps
- Lawn Fawn
- Newton’s Nook Designs
- Purple Onion Designs
- Pinkfresh Studio
- Simon Says Stamp
- Stampers Anonymous
- Tim Holtz
- Trinity Stamps
Lunch will be catered Saturday and Sunday by Pelham House Resort
Deli Wraps & Sandwiches
Chef’s Selection of Assorted Sandwiches & Wraps with a House Salad
Choice of: Turkey, Vegetable, Grilled Chicken & House Roasted Strip Loin
Cape Cod Potato Chips
Fresh Fruit | Seasonally Sliced Fruit & Berries
Lemonade & Iced Tea
When registering for the event you will be able to list who you would like to sit with. We will do our best to fulfill all requests.
Pelham House Guest Room Rates: Group code to use online and on the phone- 111723
Ocean View Double Queen | $239++ per night
Ocean View King | $269++ per night
Ocean View King ADA | $269++ per night
Pelham House Suite | $329++ per night
Ocean Front King | $359++ per night
Ocean View Suite | $419++ per night
Sea Street Suite | $469++ per night
• At the bottom of the page it says add code. Click the drop down and change discount code to “Group Attendee”
• In the second box, enter your group code (111723) and select ADD.
• The group block name will appear – select and go to next step and follow the prompts.
Pelham on Main Guest Room Rates: Group code to use online and on the phone- 2311CREATI
Pelham on Main is a short 5-minute drive to Pelham House, and we will have a shuttle running to get you to and from the event on time.
Pelham 1 King ADA $169++ per night
Pelham 2 Queen $169++ per night
Pelham 1 King $169++ per night
Pelham 1 King + Slider $219++ per night
Pelham 1 King + Slider + Sleeper $295++ per night
Pelham King Bunk Suite + Slider $295++ per night
Pelham Suite $295++ per night
- At the bottom of the page it says add code. Click the drop down and change discount code to “Group Attendee”
- In the second box, enter your group code (2311CREATI) and select ADD.
- The group block name will appear – select and go to next step and follow the prompts.
If you would prefer to make reservations over the phone:
Call the Front Desk at 508-398-6076 and give said group code 111723 for Pelham House Resort, or 2311CREATI for Pelham on Main. Agents will be happy to book, charge the 50% deposit, and email confirmation letters.
(++ $20 Resort Fee & 14.45% Taxes)
The above room rates are only for the event days, if you would like to stay longer the room rates fluctuate and will be reflected correctly on their website, or you can call for a quote.
Dennis, Massachusetts is located on Cape Cod. Approximately an hour and 45 minutes from Boston, Logan Airport (BOS) and Providence, TF Green Airport (PVD). You can either rent a car and drive, or there is bus transportation that will bring you to Hyannis, Harwich, or Orleans and then you could ride share or rent a car.
You can visit here for more information about the area.
Spread the Word- Social Share
If you are attending and would like to share your excitement on social media, feel free to download this image and share it on Instagram, Facebook, etc. You can tag @jennshurkus and use #CreativeJourneyCapeCod #CreativeChickClasses
How do I register more than one person?
If you’d like to register yourself and someone else, or even a few friends, the registration form will allow you to provide information for multiple attendees. When registering for the event you will be able to list who you would like to sit with. We will do our best to fulfill all requests.
I can’t attend the event, can I come by to shop?
Yes! We just ask that you come between 11-3p and either day.
Will someone be taking photos and/or videos at the event?
Yes, we love to take photos so we can share this experience with others! By registering for the event, you are agreeing to grant us permission to record pictures of your participation by photograph or video. You further agree that any or all of the material photographed may be used, in any form, as part of any future publications or other materials used to promote this event, and further that such use shall be without payment of fees, royalties, special credit, or other compensation.
Can I be added to a waitlist?
If/when the event sells out if you are interested in being on the waitlist, email Jenn
What if I get sick or can’t make it at the last minute?
We certainly don’t want you to come to the event if you’re not feeling well. As for life emergencies – well, they happen! If something comes up and you can’t make the event but are past the cancellation window (see below), we will send you the materials and instructions for the projects, as well as your goodie bag! Contact us
Lunch will be provided by Pelham House Resort (details above). If you have any dietary restrictions where this doesn’t work for you, you are welcome to bring your own lunch and use the fridge in your room.
- Cancellations received by September 17th, 2023 will receive a 100% refund in the form of a shop credit.
- Cancellations received from September 18 – October 18, 2023, will receive a 50% refund in the form of a shop credit
- Sorry, no refunds will be granted for cancellation requests received on or after October 19th, 2023.