Note: I also have a tutorial on mixed media cards on the Ranger Website today! Check it out here
I am back with a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge card! Thank you for joining us for the Inspiration Color Swatch challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too. This week the challenge is Stencil It! Have fun with stencils, be creative and enter up to 5 times! 🙂
We are showcasing Crafter’s Workshop this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used. As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
I love love love playing with stencils 🙂 You can add so much depth and texture to your projects. I used a Crafter’s Workshop Mini Ledger 6×6 Stencil on the background of this card.
I thought it would be fun to show you the process for this background so I have some instructions to share with you.
- I have been wanting to play with the new Fossilized Amber Distress Ink so I used that and Peacock Feathers in Distress Spray Stains to create a colored background on Distress Watercolor Cardstock
- I then taped the stencil over the background with painters tape
- I spread texture paste through the stencil and set aside to dry
Note: if you are going to want to add any ink or paint to your embossing paste Texture Paste is the way to go- it absorbs the color better and gives you rich vibrant colors!
- Once the paste was dry I laid the stencil over the paste again and inked the design with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and the Mini ink Blending Tool
- You can see in the first picture how the paste is a nice vibrant color now
- I then laid the stencil over it again and inked the paste with Vintage Photo Distress Ink
- I then took a small piece of Distress Tissue Paper and adhered it to the side of the background with Multi-Matte Medium. I just love how you can still see the background through this.
- To pull the card together I had an inky manila tag hanging out on my desk so I layered that with one of Tim Holtz Pocket Cards.
- I stapled on a piece of his film strip ribbon with the Tiny Attacher.
- I stamped one of Dina Wakley’s Positive Woman Stamps on a piece of dictionary paper in Black Archival Ink. I added a touch of color with watercolors to her lips, cheeks and eyes.
- The Prima Marketing letter stickers I used on this card I used for “get” and then I used Tim Holtz Industrial Stickers for “well”.
I have already mailed this card to a friend and hoping it puts a smile on her face 🙂
Ok- so now it’s time for YOU to enter the challenge. Remember, Stencil It! is the theme so break out those sentiment stamps! Just by playing along and linking up your project to the SSS Wednesday Challenge post you can qualify to enter a $50 shopping voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.And remember if you are on instagram tag your photo with #ssswchallenge 🙂
There will be ONE lucky winner that will be chosen at random, it could be you!