thought it also might be fun to do a month to month recap, I love looking back at my archived blog posts- these posts will be neat to read years down the road
* rang in the new year with fun friends at starlight
* started my “one line a day” journal… hoping to keep up with it longer, because reading what i wrote in 2010 has been fun
* we had a lil snow storm 10 inches or so… it really has been a mild winter, i LOVE that. During the storm i drove along the shore snapping pics to send to jill over on the west coast, who has never seen snow at the beach.
* i’ve really been enjoying the sky lately. The sunrise, sunset, clouds, moon. I think this is because I am commuting so much I actually have time to “sit” and enjoy it… the moon has been amazing this winter, but i don’t have the camera skills for that
* i added a bunch of canvases to my etsy shop, super excited about my ideas for this
* i launched shurkus.com – this is a BIG one.. something that has been on my 2-do list for 11 years!!! SO many plans for this lil place.. just have to teach myself how!
* had a girls weekend… 2 of my chosen family members couldn’t make it (boo) but it was still over all a good weekend. I realized after this weekend that even the best of friends can hit bumps once in awhile.. it reminded me of how REAL my friendships with these girls are…. not just some “fluffy filler”. I didn’t take many photos, but of course this girl captured some fun shots- even a handsome one of mister H even though he don’t like to cooperate with her
* was reminded it’s good to just be silly sometimes. throw on a silly hat, goto a silly spot, and just be goofy for no reason at all (and also i realized just how pretty plumes can be)
* jimbo made a water dispenser for mister harley, hoping he would use that instead of needed the sink turned on for him all the time. Instead I just realized he enjoyed getting a BIG box filled with newspaper more. But I also love that my dad took the time to try my crazy ideas
* had some serious crafty time getting projects for creative imaginations for CHA. It was weird to not need to know what everyone was releasing, what the deals were for the store etc. definitely odd.
* I was reminded how very grateful i am for my chosen family, and for them to realize when i needed help- even if i didn’t ask
* I watched the NH primary from the outside. Weird, when you grew up there.
* I officially became obsessed with instagram #wickedfun
* I actually spent some time in my studio creating just for me, not a class not a design team project… that was nice, and I hope to continue doing so!
* Had a fun friends brunch, something we should do more often!
* Taught a class to my Cape Cod peeps, so grateful they are still supporting me, opening up their homes to me… and just simply having a wicked fun time