As most of you know, I live on Cape Cod. I have for over 15 years now, and even though I will always be a “washashore” the Cape has truly become my home. Many of you have enjoyed seeing all of my adventures on this sand bar and I love sharing them with you all.
Cape Cod is the arm like shape that extends off of Massachusetts into the ocean. It is 339 square miles and takes a little over an hour to get from “the bridge” to the tip in Provincetown (you need to drive over one of 2 bridges to get on Cape Cod). Besides the beautiful beaches, and ocean views I love the community. The Cape is made up of 15 towns, each very unique, but filled with similar quaint character, and small-town feel.
Cape Cod is filled with small businesses, and we pride ourselves on the fact that there aren’t a lot of big box stores or chains. (We just got our first Target in October, and it is a baby one!). Many businesses are very dependent on tourism dollars.
Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, there are many businesses on Cape Cod who are struggling and are looking at a tough road ahead. Our summer has started, but very slowly, and like many other places around the world nothing is going to be back to “normal” for some time.
I want to help Cape Cod. I love everything about this wonderful place I live (ok, ok, maybe those winter months could go away), and I want to help the people here who are struggling due to Covid-19. This is where the Cape Cod Resilience Fund comes in.
Love Live Local is an organization that has supported small businesses and artists on Cape Cod for a number of years now. They are the ones organizing the Cape Cod Resilience Fund. The Cape Cod Resilience Fund will provide direct grants to small business owners on Cape Cod to offer some relief from the economic damage caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. You can read more about them and the fund here: https://lovelivelocal.com/resilience/.
How can you help?
There are a few ways you can help:
- Purchase one of my exclusive Cape Cod stamp sets. For each set sold between June 15th- July 1st, $10 will be donated to the CCRF. Please note, many of the images in this set are not Cape Cod specific. (The price of the set includes shipping in the US, if you are outside of the US and would like a shipping quote, email me your address it usually only costs a few dollars more)
- Purchase one of the handmade cards my crafty friends created to help me spread the word. These are one of a kind and unique to give to someone special.
- Love Live Local will have some handmade cards created by me and Heidi Parent for sale on their site and in their shop. All the money made on these cards will be donated directly to the CCRF. Shop here
- Donate to the Cape Cod Resilience Fund here
- Another way you can help? Share this post with your creative friends and help spread the word!
Inspiration coming all week long!
I have gifted the Cape Cod stamp set to several crafty friends around the world and they have put their creative talents to work and will be sharing creations throughout the week! I will be sharing their creations on Instagram and Facebook and
plan on sharing a compilation post linking them next week. You can also follow along at the #ShurkusStamps
I’m really excited about this. The crafting community is constantly doing amazing things that inspire me. As a community I know we can do BIG things ❤️. I appreciate your help in giving a little back.
Join me in a Facebook LIVE, Wednesday, June 17th at 11a ET
I will be hopping on Facebook LIVE on my business Facebook page from the beach, of course, to chat with you some more about this. I hope to see you there! Set your reminders!