I am back with a Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge card! Thank you for joining us for the Stencil It challenge and we hope you will all join us again this week too. This week the challenge is Anything Goes! Have fun with whatever is inspiring you to be creative and enter up to 5 times! 🙂
We are showcasing Avery Elle Products this week. You don’t have to use them to join in but if you have some we would love to see them used. As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store
I just had to add the Avery Elle Surf’s Up Stamp Set to my collection! I LOVE the waves stamp that comes with this set and all the other images! I also wanted to try out some of their A-2 Folded notecards. I know you can cut your own- but you know… I’m a lazy crafter so it’s just easier to have a nice notecard ready to go!
I am happy to report that these notecards are a great quality, nice and heavy weight and the colors are so vibrant! I had so much fun watercoloring the images for the card as well.
- I started by embossing the waves with white powder on Distress Watercolor Cardstock. I then did a wash of Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink over them.
- I stamped the VW bus in Potting Soil Archival Ink and watercolored it with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink and added a hint of Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to the windows.
- For the palm trees- I dabbed on Peeled Paint Distress Ink and Vintage Photo Distress Ink directly on the stamps, stamped it on Distress Watercolor and used a wet brush to move the color around.
- I did the same thing for the sunshine, using Wild Honey. I then dabbed on some Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink to add some shadow.
- I stamped the surf board in wild honey.
- I fussy cut everything out, and added them to the beach scene I was creating. I also added a touch of Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the surf board.
Ok- so now it’s time for YOU to enter the challenge. Remember, Anything Goes! is the theme so have fun and create whatever inspires YOU! Just by playing along and linking up your project to the SSS Wednesday Challenge post you can qualify to enter a $50 shopping voucher to the Simon Says Stamp store.And remember if you are on instagram tag your photo with #ssswchallenge 🙂
There will be ONE lucky winner that will be chosen at random, it could be you!