Mermazing – Online Class
** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Join Jenn Shurkus for an online class, hosted in a private Facebook group!
Mermazing is an opportunity to create 3 unique reveal wheel interactive cards from start to finish with Jenn! Jenn will have dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images and Distress Ink techniques, as well as tips and tricks when putting together reveal wheel interactive cards. Then there will be dedicated time to assembling the 3 cards. As in Jenn’s in-person classes, this is when she will share tips, tricks, and processes with you.
All of the class videos are available to watch in the private Facebook group.
Also included in the class is a downloadable class handout that will include:
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
“Great value!! Even just for the handout with all the card ideas it would have been a great value! The live videos was just the icing on the cake.”
“Jenn is a great instructor full of energy, creativity and inspiration. She will help you to get your own creative juices flowing. Being able to attend class from anywhere was an added bonus.”
“A good value? It is a wicked great value! A whole day of fun and learning tips for only $18? That’s a bargain! We won’t go into what I spent on stamps but those I will use forever. 😉”
Order class supplies
Kits will not be shipped for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies it is encouraged to support a store that Jenn has taught at so they will still be around for in-person classes in the future. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Once you sign up for class and have access to the class resource page, there is a downloadable handout for the supply list
Lawn Fawn Supplies required
- Mermaid For You, LF1167
- Reveal Wheel, LF1703
- Reveal Wheel Circle Add-On, LF2050
Non-Lawn Fawn Required Supplies
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and layers on cards, and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
- Distress White Heavystock- Qty 4 – 8.5×11 sheets (can be substituted with Distress Watercolor cardstock)
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Mini Brads
- Versafine Onyx Black (a black ink for sentiments)
- Distress Inks (Kitsch Flamingo, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, or other similar colors) Distress Oxides can be substituted, your cards will look different from Jenn’s as they are more opaque than regular Distress Inks
- Ink Blending Tools and/or Blender Brushes
- Distress Sprayer, or similar water mister
- Additional empty water mister, mini mister
- Ranger Heat Tool (or embossing gun)
- Craft Sheet
- Paintbrush (any round brush, Jenn will use a No 4 round brush)
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute them with items you have. In parenthesis, Jenn makes recommendations for substitutions
Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- You Are Sublime, LF1686 (any other Lawn Fawn sets with fish and ocean images)
- Reveal Wheel Sentiments, LF1701 (any smaller sentiments)
- Reveal Wheel Square Add-On, LF1791
- Stitched Wave Borders, LF1710 (any wave dies)
- Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139
- Reveal Wheel Templates Circle, LF2042
- Reveal Wheel Templates Essential Shapes, LF1937 (you can get away without the reveal wheel templates, but I would encourage you to get them as they make it so much easier to put reveal wheels together)
- Jalapeño Ink Pad, LF1084 (any green ink pad for stamping)
- Glue Tube, LF1664
- Prisma Glitter, LF1535
- Chunky Glitter, LF1536
- Liquid Stardust, LF2000
Non-Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Quickie Glue Pen
- Glossy Accents
- Blender Brushes or Ink Blending Tool
- Therm o web purple tape or something similar
- Misti stamping tool, or another stamp platform
- Flour Sack Cloth or paper towels
Copics Jenn will be using
You can color your images with any coloring medium you prefer
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has processed you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I plan on taking the class with a friend, do we both need to sign up?
A: Just as if you were to take the class in-person, everyone that plans to attend the class, should sign up and pay for the class.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page and available now