Happy Hugs – Online Class
** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Join Jenn Shurkus for an online class, hosted in a private Facebook group!
Happy Hugs is an opportunity to create 3 unique cards from start to finish with Jenn! Jenn will have dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images and other techniques LIVE as well as tips and tricks about designing your own cards. Then there will be dedicated time to assembling the cards. As in Jenn’s in-person classes, this is when she will share tips, tricks, and processes with you. We will actually be creating more than 3 cards because once you start playing with the new plaid stencils, you won’t want to stop!
All of the class videos are available to watch in the private Facebook group.
Also included in the class:
- downloadable supply list
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
“This was my first class with Jenn, other than during a Crop & Create event. I’m officially Jennabled! The kitting & class handouts were so detailed and perfect for referring back to during class. I loved how the day was split into two halves – for colouring and building. Jenn is easy to listen to all day; I felt like I was in the craft room with her. Her directions were clear, and I am feeling so much more confident about my alcohol marker work. Loved every minute and cannot wait to take another workshop with her!”
“This class was so great! I struggle with scene cards and Jenn makes it so easy for me. Jenn is a great teacher. She is very thorough. Class is always fun. And I love that we have the Facebook group to ask questions and interact.”
“I love the pace of Jenn’s classes and the attention to detail on the handouts!”
Order class supplies
Kits will not be shipped for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies Jenn provides a list of stores and links where you can find these products. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Once you sign up for class and have access to the class resource page, there is a downloadable handout for the supply list
Lawn Fawn Supplies required
- Happy Hugs, LF2556
- Happy Hugs Lawn Cuts, LF2557
- Thought Bubbles Stencil, LF2577
- Plaid Stencils, LF2576
- Reveal Wheel, LF1703 (used in Mermazing class)*
- Reveal Wheel Square Add-On, LF1791 (used in Mermazing class)*
- Reveal Wheel Thought Bubble Add-On, LF2567*
- Cloudy Stencil, LF2250 (used in previous online classes)
*If you don’t want to create a Reveal Wheel card, you could make a non-interactive card with a similar design
Non-Lawn Fawn Required Supplies
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and layers on cards, and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Mini Brads
- Versafine Onyx Black (a black ink for sentiments)
- Distress Inks or waterbased dye inks in rainbow assortment (Jenn will be using Distress Inks: Kitsch Flamingo, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet) Distress Oxides can be substituted, your cards will look different from Jenn’s as they are more opaque than regular Distress Inks or waterbased inks
- Ink Blending Tools and/or Blender Brushes
- masking paper ( Jenn’s favorite is Simon Says Stamp masking paper or Gina K’s Masking Magic sheets)
- Post-It notes (could substitute copy paper and removable tape runner)
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute them with items you have. In parenthesis, Jenn makes recommendations for substitutions
Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Reveal Wheel Templates: Thought Bubbles, LF2568 (not required, but do make creating reveal wheels much easier)
- Giant Sending Big Hugs, LF2566 (can substitute with any large sentiment dies)
- Hearts & Stars Skinny Tags, LF2572 (many Lawn Fawn sets have small hearts, and you can substitute the tag for Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139)
- Simple Grassy Hillsides, LF1361 (any grass borders or even stitched hillside borders LF772 will work)
- Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139 (you can cut your own banners if you prefer)
- Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables, LF1442
- Jet Black Ink Pad, LF1302 (any black ink pad for stamping and that will work with your coloring medium)
- Bubblegum Ink Pad, LF1388 (any bright pink ink pad for stamping)
- Merman Ink Pad, LF1088 (any bright teal ink pad for stamping)
- Metallic Cardstock- Holographic, LF2458 (any holographic or metallic cardstock will work)
- Black Licorice Cardstock, LF1125
- Watercolor Wishes- Birthday Candles, LF1352*
- Watercolor Wishes- Lucky Penny, LF1349*
- Spiffy Speckles- Pesto, LF1864*
- Textured Dot Cardstock- Tropical, LF2495 (any bright teal and bright pink cardstock will work)
- Glue Tube, LF1664
- Prisma Glitter, LF1535
*Can use Watercolor Wishes 6×6 Paper Pad LF1355, Spiffy Speckles 6×6 Paper Pad LF1868, or ink blend your own paper
Non-Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Distress White Heavystock- Qty 2 – 8.5×11 sheets (Jenn will use this to ink blend and stencil on, you can substitute with your favorite cardstock for this)
- Quickie Glue Pen
- Therm o web purple tape or something similar (post-it tape, washi tape, spellbinders yellow tape)
- Misti stamping tool, or another stamp platform
Copics Jenn will be using
You can color your images with any coloring medium you prefer
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has processed you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: What if I want to take the class with a friend, should we both register?
A: As many of us are starting to get together with friends again, to hang out and hopefully create together. I wanted to remind you that the policy for my online classes is that everyone who is taking the class should register for the class. It is not fair for a group of friends to get together under one registration. The class fee is very affordable and a lot of hours go into designing and hosting the classes, I hope you will understand and support me.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I plan on taking the class with a friend, do we both need to sign up?
A: Just as if you were to take the class in-person, everyone that plans to attend the class, should sign up and pay for the class.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page.
- The downloadable supply list is available when registration opens for the class
- The class prep handout will be available approx a week after class registration opens
- The class handout with full images of the cards, coloring guides etc is available a few days before the LIVE class is hosted