Online Resources: *Virtual* Creative Journey Art Retreat- January 2023
The Creative Journey Art Retreat is an event I have been hosting in-person for a number of years and is now online as well. This event is very popular, sells out quickly, and I got many requests to have access to the video tutorials, and class handouts after the LIVE virtual event.
Included in your retreat fee:
- 10+ hours of instruction, and craft time
- 13 handmade cards were created. The cards include some of the latest products from many companies including Lawn Fawn, Newton’s Nook, Hero Arts, Honey Bee Stamps, Ranger Ink, Purple Onion Designs, Colorado Craft Company, Trinity Stamps, Pinkfresh Studio, Simon Says Stamps, Gina K. Designs and more.
- Access to the exclusive retreat resource page. Here you will be able to access all the supply lists, download the handout, and follow links to the video tutorials.
- A 30+ page instruction handout. This handout includes images of all the cards, including a detail shot, and supplies listed per card as well as some assembly information. This handout also includes Copic coloring guides. (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful).
- Access to the exclusive Facebook group, and the ability to ask Jenn questions within the group and chat with other attendees.
Kits are not shipped for this. Within the class resource page, all supplies that are used will be listed and linked. There are a few basic supplies you will need.
- Due to the nature of this event, there are no refunds. Once you register and pay you are given access to the private Facebook group and the retreat resource page. You are provided the website and password so there are no refunds. If you are unable to attend the event LIVE you will be able to watch the replays.
- The event resource page and event videos are exclusive to event attendees it goes without saying this should not be shared with others. When the event sells out, crafty friends can still sign up for the event resources at a discounted rate and will then have access to these resources as well. I keep events and class fees affordable, I would hope you support me in not sharing this information. Thank you!
Maxine McCurdy –
Having a weekend all set and planed for is great. You do everything to arrange it and the Family all that’s what you are going to do that weekend. Jen’s classes are great, I have really learnt to colour and ink better because of the classes.
The part that is easy to forget is other days, when you just fell Ugg… There is apart of your head that knows that art makes you feel better but you are too Ugg to be creative… The guided nature of the recorded classes let’s you be creative enough to feel better but let’s you follow along and not have to pull more from yourself to make it happen.
So ya, the classes are great.
Mindy Finnegan –
My first virtual retreat and boy was it amazing!!! Jenn puts together an amazing retreat! We created 13 cards. I thought I knew a lot, but I was wrong. I learned so many new things! And I loved being exposed to all the different sponsors products and different ways to use them. I am already excited for the next one! Thank you Jenn!!
Debbie Bonczek –
Creative Journey Art Retreat is one of my favorite events. I learn something every single time, and Jenn is so organized and has such a great teaching style. I missed Jenn’s very first retreat, but I have the resources and I have every intention of kitting up my own supplies, whether they are the same or something in my stash. I’ll be climbing into a time machine and blasting back to the past for a day of creative fun! And yes, I have plans to use my resources for the ones I attended as well. The inky techniques do not disappoint! I can’t wait for the next retreat! Thanks Jenn for an amazing two days of invaluable learnings I can carry with me.
Jenn hits it out of the park again! Another round of unique cards with the most amazing resource guide. I love being able to rewatch the classes at my leisure and remake the cards or revisit techniques. I can’t wait to be able to take an in-person class someday. Thanks so much for being an excellent teacher and so very diligent with your resources. <3
Robin Bernier –
I have been in Jenn’s fan club since taking my first online class with her nearly 2 years ago. I signed up this Creative Journey Art Retreat (my first) knowing that it would be a great event and it surely was! I still cannot believe that we completed 13 cards during this 2-day event. Some days I am lucky to complete 1 card! In my opinion, the only reason we were able to complete that many is because of our fearless instructor. Jenn just had a way of teaching that is easy to understand and follow. Her handouts are incredibly helpful and detailed. I was great having her teach using many different company’s products. I continue to learn new things with every class I take with her. I am definitely signing up for the next virtual Art Retreat.
Janette Cochrane –
This was my first virtual creative journey weekend and I loved it. Planning to sign up for the next one. Jenn is an awesome teacher and it was easy to follow along. Have done Lawn Fawn classes with her so it was fun using supplies from different companies.
Kristy Draper –
This event was a real treat! Jenn is an amazing instructor and the cards she designed for us were too cute! The retreat is a must! Jenn provides new techniques, new ways to think about design, and she is an overall joy to chat with and watch.
Mary Clemens –
This was my second “live” virtual Creative Journey Art Retreat and definitely won’t be my last. I love getting to play with products from different companies and how Jenn mixes and matches these to design the most adorable cards. I also love the variety of techniques we use and have seen both my comfort level and results improve as a result of these classes. Access to the 10+ hours of instruction along with the event handout and phenomenal COPIC coloring guide are such a great value. After participating in my first Creative Journey Art Retreat last year, I purchased the resources for all the previous ones Jenn offered for creative inspiration and to add to my wishlist for future projects. Highly, highly recommended!!!
Laura McSweeney –
This was a great event. We made 13 adorable cards using products from the best companies. Jenn is a fabulous teacher and the cards she designs are so cute. Each one becomes my favorite card. I also learn new techniques (or remember old, but fun ones) each class. And, I love how we use supplies over and over.
I have done almost all of Jenn’s online classes/events. My copic coloring is so much better, and the coloring guides she designs and provides for each event take away any stress in deciding what colors to use and where. I highly recommend any class Jenn teaches!!
Allison Anne Moskowitz –
Jenn’s retreat is a must attend event. Everything is organized, prepared and recorded. I love that it takes so little effort on my part to have a good time. I also really appreciate the notes and video to return to at a later date. I also sign up for previous events if I miss the deadline because Jenn makes it so easy to use what you have already— plus most of her supplies are used over and over again so that you really don’t need to buy much but you’ll be Jenn-abled anyway! 🤍