** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Penguin Party is an opportunity to create 3 unique cards from start to finish! Jenn will have dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images as well as instructions for some inky techniques with Distress Inks. As always throughout the class tips and tricks will be shared. Jenn will also share the designs of 2 bonus cards, using the supplies we used in class. Tons of inspiration for you to use with your crafty supplies!
All of the LIVES will be available in the private Facebook group. If you can’t attend the class LIVE you can watch the videos whenever it is convenient for you.
Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
Also included in the class:
- downloadable supply list
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
Order class supplies
Jenn does not ship kits for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies Jenn provides a list of stores and links where you can find these products. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Once you sign up for class and have access to the class resource page, there is a downloadable handout for the supply list
Lawn Fawn Supplies Required
- Penguin Party, LF2674
- Penguin Party Lawn Cuts, LF2675
- Yeti Or Not, LF2027
- Yeti Or Not Lawn Cuts, LF2028
- Outside In Stitched Snowflake, LF2702
- Snowflake Background Stencils, LF2710
- Starry Sky Stencil, LF2363
- Vellum, LF1752
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases, and some layers on cards, and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
Non-Lawn Fawn Supplies Required
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (see list)
- Distress White Heavystock- Qty 1.5 – 8.5×11 sheets (We will be ink blending, and doing some wet inky techniques. You can substitute for Distress Watercolor Cardstock)
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Versafine Onyx Black (a black ink for sentiments) Distress Inks: Salvaged Patina, Shaded Lilac (These will be used for ink blending and wet ink techniques)
- Ink Blending Tools and/or Blender Brushes (Jenn will be using blender brushes)
- Ranger Heat Tool
- Die-cut machine
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute them with items you have. In parenthesis, Jenn makes recommendations for substitutions
Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139 (you can cut your own banners if you prefer)
- Hearts and Stars Skinny Tag, LF2572
- Outside In Stitched Rectangles, LF1442
- Acetate, LF1940
- Jet Black Ink Pad, LF1302 (any black ink pad for stamping and that will work with your coloring medium)
- Glue Tube, LF1664
- Prisma Glitter, LF1535
- Chunky Glitter, LF1536
- Acrylic Blocks ( to stamp sentiments and small images on cards 3.5”, 1.75” and 3” x 6” are the ones Jenn uses most)
- Non-Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Quickie Glue Pen (only needed if you will be adding Prisma Glitter to your cards)
- White Gel Pen
- Flour Sack Cloth
- Spellbinders Best Ever Craft Tape or something similar (post-it tape, washi tape, thermo web purple tape)
- Misti stamping tool, or another stamp platform
- Wendy Vecchi Stay-tion
- Glossy Accents
- White Gel Pen
Copics Jenn will be using – You can color your images with any coloring medium you prefer.
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has been processed you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page. Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the downloadable class supply list and class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: What if I want to take the class with a friend, should we both register?
A: As many of us are starting to get together with friends again, to hang out and hopefully create together. I wanted to remind you that the policy for my online classes is that everyone who is taking the class should register for the class. It is not fair for a group of friends to get together under one registration. The class fee is very affordable and a lot of hours go into designing and hosting the classes, I hope you will understand and support me.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I plan on taking the class with a friend, do we both need to sign up?
A: Just as if you were to take the class in person, everyone that plans to attend the class, should sign up and pay for the class.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos. However, people from all over the world have been taking Jenn’s online classes.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page.
- The downloadable supply list and class prep handout is available when registration opens for the class
- The class handout with full images of the cards, coloring guides etc is available a few days before the LIVE class is hosted.