Snow Much Fun – Online Lawn Fawn Class
** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Join Jenn Shurkus for a “LIVE” class, hosted in a private Facebook group!
- 11a-1:30p Copic coloring instruction, watercoloring, and other techniques
- 2:30-5:30p card assembly, tips tricks, and processes
Jenn will also host a LIVE in the group to go over the class details and how the event will run Wednesday, December 9th at 7p ET – there is no need to attend this LIVE, just watch the replay before class starts on Saturday morning.
In this class, you will have the opportunity to create 3-winter/holiday cards start to finish with Jenn. She will have a dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images LIVE as well as watercoloring, and some other techniques we are going to use. Then there will be a dedicated time to assembling the 3 cards. As in Jenn’s in-person classes, this is when she will share tips, tricks, and processes with you.
All of these LIVES will be available for replay in the private Facebook group. Please be sure to ask to join the Facebook group AT LEAST 24 hours before class. Jenn works on her own, when she is LIVE teaching, she is unable to process access to the Facebook group.
Also included in the class a downloadable class handout that will include:
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
Order class supplies
Kits will not be shipped for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies it is encouraged to support a store that Jenn teaches at- so they will still be around for in-person classes in the future. Also, there are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Ben Franklin, Bonney Lake WA
Ben Franklin, Monroe WA
Clipper Street, Langley BC Canada
Crafter’s Workshop, Stouffville ON Canada *online
Everything Scrapbooks & Stamps, FL *online
Firefly Farm, MN *online
Impressive Ideas, GA
Impress, WA *online
Legacy Paper Arts, OH *online
Papercraft Clubhouse, CT *online
Scrap Addicts, Alberta Canada *online
Scrap Shack, TX *online
Scrappin’ In The City, TN *online
Scrapbook-n-Memories, MO *online
Scrappy Chic, MI *online
Stamp Fever, CA
The Doodlebug Inc, IN *online
Lawn Fawn *online
Simon Says Stamp *online
Lawn Fawn Stamps, Dies, and supplies required:
- Den Sweet Den
- Yeti Or Not
- Snow Much Fun
- Over the Mountain Borders
- Waving Pull Tab Starter Set (hint: we will be using this in a class in the new year as well)
- Lawn Fawn White Embossing Powder
Other required supplies:
- Mini Brads
- Embossing Gun
- Versamark Ink Pad (Or other embossing ink pad)
- Peacock Feathers Distress Ink*
- Shaded Lilac Distress Ink*
- Paintbrush (Jenn uses a #3 round brush)
- Blender Brushes or Ink Blending Tools
- Distress Watercolor Cardstock *
* Jenn will go over some watercoloring techniques, she will also show ink blending as an option. If watercoloring with Jenn she recommends regular Distress Inks, if you will just ink blend then any waterbased ink pads, or even Distress Oxides will work.
- (1) 4.25” x 11”
- (2) 5.5” x 8.5”
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute with items you have. In parenthesis, Jenn makes recommendations for substitutions
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and layers on cards and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Dens
- Lawn Fawn Brick Stencil
- Lawn Fawn Winter Big Scripty Words
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillsides
- Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners (4″ x 3/8″ or Jenn will show how to make your own sentiment banners)
- Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables (4″ x 5.25″)
- Lawn Fawn River Rock Ink Pad (a gray ink that works with the coloring medium you will be using, Jenn will be using Copics, or you can just use black, Lawn Fawn Jet Black)
- Lawn Fawn Kiddie Pool Ink Pad (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Moonstone Ink Pad (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Peacock Ink Pad (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Peacock Cardstock (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter
- Lawn Fawn Chunky Glitter
- Iridescent Sequins (or sequins that match the inkpads and Copics we will be using)
- Lawn Fawn Glue Tube
- Quickie Glue Pen
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Dot Runner
- Thermoweb Purple Tape (or washi tape)
Copic Markers Jenn will be using
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has processed you will get an email with a link to the private Facebook group to join. In the same email will be a link and password to the online class resources here on my site.
You will be given details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before class so that you will be able to create LIVE with Jenn.
Jenn will go LIVE in the private Facebook group at the specified class times listed above. With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group Video section.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group
Q: How long will you have access to the class:
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I never got the confirmation email.
A: First check-in your Spam Folder. Some confirmation emails are ending up there. If you can’t find it, simply email Jenn (firstname.lastname@example.org) and she can resend it.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: We accept PayPal. You can link your PayPal up to your bank account or a credit card. Even if you don’t have a PayPal account, you will be able to just submit your credit card number instead
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, being provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos.
Note: Once your order is processed you will be emailed a receipt with a link to the Facebook group to join. In the same email will be a link and password to the online class resources here on my site.