Special Delivery – Online Lawn Fawn Class
** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Join Jenn Shurkus for an online class, hosted in a private Facebook group!
In this class, you will have the opportunity to create 3-encouragement cards from start to finish with Jenn. Only 1 card is a “love” theme, overall are more friendship cards. Jenn will have dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images LIVE as well as some other techniques we are going to use. Then there will be dedicated time to assembling the 3 cards. As in Jenn’s in-person classes, this is when she will share tips, tricks, and processes with you.
All of the class videos are available to watch in the private Facebook group.
Also included in the class is a downloadable class handout that will include:
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
Jenn is an awesome teacher who breaks down cardmaking for the newbie while still challenging the more seasoned papercrafter. Her classes always include some nuggets of info that many of us have not thought of. Most of all it’s fun and encouraging!- Christine, from RI
Jenn is a great instructor full of energy, creativity and inspiration. She will help you to get your own creative juices flowing. Being able to attend class from anywhere was an added bonus. Jessica, AZ
This was my first class from Jenn, and what a party! Because I live in the Netherlands, it is very difficult for me to follow a personal class, and this was the perfect opportunity. Melanie, Netherlands
Order class supplies
Kits will not be shipped for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies it is encouraged to support a store that Jenn has taught at so they will still be around for in-person classes in the future. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Lawn Fawn Stamps, Dies, and supplies required:
- Special Delivery, LF2466
- Special Delivery Box Add-On, LF2468
- Scalloped Slimline With Hearts: Landscape, LF2476
- Waving Pull Tab Starter Set, LF2413 (note: this is the same die we used in the Snow Much Fun class)
- Lawn Fawn Cloudy Stencil, LF2250
- Lawn Fawn Mermaid Ink Pad, LF864 (light teal water-based dye ink)*
- Lawn Fawn Ballet Slippers Ink Pad, LF1386 (light pink water-based dye ink)*
- Lawn Fawn Bubblegum Ink Pad, LF1388 (bright pink water-based dye ink)*
- Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink Pad, LF926 (red water-based dye ink)*
- Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad (or any black ink to stamp sentiments)
*we will not be stamping with these inks so you can substitute these for Distress Inks, or any other brand water-based dye inks you may have.
Other required supplies:
- Mini Brads
- Blender Brushes or Ink Blending Tool
- (2) 4.25” x 11”
- (1) 8.5″ x 7″
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute with items you have. In parenthesis, Jenn makes recommendations for substitutions
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and layers on cards and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
- Lawn Fawn All The Clouds, LF2331
- Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words, LF1171 (any large sentiment stamps)
- Lawn Fawn Big Scripty Words Lawn Cuts, LF1172 (any large sentiment dies)
- Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139 (Jenn will share a trick on how to cut your own banners)
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangle Stackables, LF768 ( 3.75″ x 5″)
- Lawn Fawn Kraft Cardstock, LF1747
- Lawn Fawn Guava Cardstock, LF1117
- Lawn Fawn Spiffy Speckles- Seafoam, LF1865
- Lawn Fawn Let It Shine- Red Sprinkle ‘n Shine, LF2388 (Jenn used the red diagonal stripe side, and a teeny bit of the gold foil side 2″x 2″
- Lawn Fawn Let It Shine- Mint Sprinkle ‘n Shine, LF2392 (Jenn used the diagonal stripe side)
- Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter, LF1535
- Lawn Fawn Glue Tube, LF1664
- Quickie Glue Pen
- White Gel Pen
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Tombow Dot Runner
- Thermoweb Purple Tape (or washi tape)
- Wendy Vecchi/ Ranger Stay-tion
Copic Markers Jenn will be using
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has processed you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I plan on taking the class with a friend, do we both need to sign up?
A: Just as if you were to take the class in-person, everyone that plans to attend the class, should sign up and pay for the class.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page and available now