A Creature Was Stirring – Online Lawn Fawn Class
** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Join Jenn Shurkus for an online class, hosted in a private Facebook group!
In this class, you will have the opportunity to create 3-holiday cards from start to finish with Jenn. She will have dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images. Then there will be dedicated time to creating the 3 cards. As in Jenn’s in-person classes, this is when she will share tips, tricks, and processes with you. You will also get the opportunity to vote on which interactive card Jenn will teach from start to finish. This interactive card will not be created prior to the video so you will see how she comes up with a cardmaking “plan” as well as how to best assemble the interactive card.
All of the class videos are available to watch in the private Facebook group.
Also included in the class:
- Downloadable coloring guides
- Downloadable class handout which will include 2 BONUS card designs
- Downloadable handout for the impromptu interactive card
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
Jenn is an awesome teacher who breaks down cardmaking for the newbie while still challenging the more seasoned papercrafter. Her classes always include some nuggets of info that many of us have not thought of. Most of all it’s fun and encouraging!- Christine, from RI
Jenn is a great instructor full of energy, creativity and inspiration. She will help you to get your own creative juices flowing. Being able to attend class from anywhere was an added bonus. Jessica, AZ
This was my first class from Jenn, and what a party! Because I live in the Netherlands, it is very difficult for me to follow a personal class, and this was the perfect opportunity. Melanie, Netherlands
Order class supplies
Kits will not be shipped for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies it is encouraged to support a store that Jenn has taught at so they will still be around for in-person classes in the future. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Lawn Fawn Stamps & Dies:
- A Creature Was Stirring
- Baked with Love
- Sprinkled with Joy
- How You Bean? Christmas Cookie Add-On
- Scripty Sweet
- (1) 4.25” x 11”
- (2) 5.5” x 8.5”
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute with items you have. In parenthesis, Jenn makes recommendations of substitutions
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and layers on cards
- 6×6 Lawn Fawn Let It Shine paper
- Sprinkled with Joy Add-On (or you can use an x-acto knife)
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Rectangles (.75″ x 2″ and 3.75″ x 5″)
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Rectangles (3.25″ x 4.5″)
- Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink Pad (a black ink that works with the coloring medium you will be using, Jenn will be using Copics)
- Lawn Fawn Crunchy Leaf Ink Pad (a brown ink that works with the coloring medium you will be using, Jenn will be using Copics, or you can just use black)
- Lawn Fawn River Rock Ink Pad (a gray ink that works with the coloring medium you will be using, Jenn will be using Copics, or you can just use black)
- Lawn Fawn Wild Rose Ink (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Lobster Ink (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Chili Pepper Cardstock (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Ballet Slippers Cardstock (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Fog Cardstock (or another color similar)
- Lawn Fawn Woodgrain Cardstock (or another color similar, like kraft)
- Lawn Fawn Everyday Sentiment Banners (4″ x 3/8″ or Jenn will show how to make your own sentiment banners)
- Lawn Fawn Prisma Glitter
- Quickie Glue Pen
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Dot Runner
- Thermoweb Purple Tape (washi tape)
Copic Markers Jenn will be using
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has processed you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: What if I want to take the class with a friend, should we both register?
A: As many of us are starting to get together with friends again, to hang out and hopefully create together. I wanted to remind you that the policy for my online classes is that everyone who is taking the class should register for the class. It is not fair for a group of friends to get together under one registration. The class fee is very affordable and a lot of hours go into designing and hosting the classes, I hope you will understand and support me.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I plan on taking the class with a friend, do we both need to sign up?
A: Just as if you were to take the class in-person, everyone that plans to attend the class, should sign up and pay for the class.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page and available now