Rain or Shine is an opportunity to create 3 unique cards from start to finish! Jenn will have dedicated time to go over the Copic coloring of all the images as well as for instructions for building scenes with your cards. We will also be creating the new Platform Pop-Up interactive card with some different tricks from the Berry Fun class. As always throughout the class tips and tricks will be shared. Jenn will also share the designs of 2 bonus cards, using the supplies we used in class. Tons of inspiration for you to use with your crafty supplies!
All of the class videos will be available in the private Facebook group. If you can’t attend the class LIVE you can watch the videos whenever it is convenient for you.
Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
Also included in the class:
- downloadable supply list
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
Order class supplies
Jenn does not ship kits for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies Jenn provides a list of stores and links where you can find these products. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
If you are going to shop online, check out my affiliate links here: https://shurkus.com/jennabler-alert
Limited Kits Available
Scrappy Chic in the US and Papercrafters Workshop in Canada are offering a limited amount of kits for this class, contact them ASAP if you are interested. These are an additional fee, and Jenn has no role in creating these or shipping these out.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Once you sign up for the class you have access to the class resource page, there is a downloadable handout for the supply list on that page. You will also see the class prep to determine substitutions that can be made.
Required Supplies- Even though I list these are required, in reality, anything can be substituted in class, and you can make your cards with any supplies
Lawn Fawn Supplies Required
- Beary Rainy Day LF2774**
- Beary Rainy Day Lawn Cuts LF2775**
- Henry’s ABCs, LF2814 *** (can sub for any ABC dies)
- Platform Pop-Up, LF2792 ***
- Platform Pop-Up Add-On, LF2793 ***
- Rainy Sky Stencil, LF2816
- 1/8” double-sided tape, LF1941*
- Vellum, LF1752*
- Acetate, LF1940
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and some layers on cards, and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
** used in the free Create with Us class
*** also used in Berry Fun class
* only needed if you want to make an interactive card
Non-Lawn Fawn Supplies Required
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (see list below and swatches)
- Distress White Heavystock, 1 – 8.5″ x 11″ sheet
- Tombow Dot Runner (if you are creating pop up)
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Scrapbook Adhesives/3L 3d foam strips item: 01230
- Versafine Onyx Black (a black ink for sentiments)
- Blender Brushes (for ink blending dye inks)
- Ink Blending Tool/foam (for ink blending Distress Oxides)
- Distress Oxide Inks (for ink blending) Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers ****
- Distress Ink, Mustard Seed (for ink blending)
- Die-cut machine
- Ranger Heat Tool
- pencil/ good eraser
- fine point black pen, Jenn will be using a Micron
**** you can use regular Distress Inks, however, we will be ink blending on vellum, and those will not dry.
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute them with items you have.
Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Simple Wavy Banners, LF1924
- Peekaboo Backdrop, LF1626
- Outside In Stitched Rectangles, LF1442
- Spring Blossoms Background Stencil, LF2821
- Spiffy Speckles -Ripe Banana, LF1863 **** (yellow 60# paper)
- Watercolor Wishes -Birthday Candles, LF1352 ****
- Storm Cloud Cardstock, LF1273 (dark gray cardstock)
- Sugarplum Cardstock, LF1124 (purple cardstock)
- Jet Black Ink Pad, LF1302 (any black ink pad for stamping and that will work with your coloring medium)
- Glue Tube, LF1664
- Prisma Glitter, LF1535
- White Pigment Ink Pad (Jenn’s favorite is Yeti)
- Acrylic Blocks ( to stamp sentiments and small images on cards 3.5”, 1.75” and 3” x 6” are the ones Jenn uses most)
**** you can purchase the 12×12 collection pack or substitute for the petite paper pack
***** we will be using this ink for stamping
Non-Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Quickie Glue Pen (only needed if you will be adding Prisma Glitter to your cards)
- White Gel Pen
- Black Glaze Pen
- Flour Sack Cloth
- Distress Sprayer
- Spellbinders Best Ever Craft Tape or something similar (post-it tape, washi tape, thermoweb purple tape)
- Misti stamping tool, or another stamp platform
- Wendy Vecchi Stay-tion
- Tombow Removable Adhesive Runner if using the Wendy Vecchi Stay-tion
- Glossy Accents (Jenn recommends the mini bottle here) You can substitute with the new LF Clear Glaze LF2825, it’s a bit different and we will chat about that in class
- White Embossing Powder (Jenn’s favorite is Brutus Monroe Alabaster White)
- Embossing Powder Tool (Jenn’s favorite is Cottaintail Embossing Powder Tool)
- Embossing Gun
- Mister bottle filled with isopropyl alcohol, for easy stencil cleaning during class
Copics Jenn will be using
You can color your images with any coloring medium you prefer. See swatches to easily substitute colors and mediums.
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page. Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the downloadable class supply list and class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: What if I want to take the class with a friend, should we both register?
A: As many of us are starting to get together with friends again, to hang out and hopefully create together. I wanted to remind you that the policy for my online classes is that everyone who is taking the class should register for the class. It is not fair for a group of friends to get together under one registration. The class fee is very affordable and a lot of hours go into designing and hosting the classes, I hope you will understand and support me.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards Venmo and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos. However, people from all over the world have been taking Jenn’s online classes.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page.
- The downloadable supply list and class prep handout is available when registration opens for the class
- The class handout with full images of the cards, coloring guides etc is available a few days before the LIVE class is hosted.
Linda Wooldridge (verified owner) –
Every class has something new to learn! I highly recommend the kit for class, even if you’re buying the stamps, because it makes prep time a breeze. I usually buy the kit and the stamps from Scrappy Chic. Don’t wait to sign up, you will LOVE all the things! Thanks Jenn, you rock!
Mary Clemens (verified owner) –
The cards for this class are so adorable. The course materials (supply list/prep work and class handout) are so thorough and well organized. Jenn has a very engaging teaching style, is so encouraging and is full of tips and tricks. Having access to the video afterwards is icing on the cake. The first thing I did when I realized Jenn was offering these online classes was go through my list of Lawn Fawn sets and signed up for all Jenn’s classes (past and present) for sets I already owned. The next thing I did was make a wishlist of sets I didn’t have for classes she offers and have started purchasing those sets (and signing up for those classes too.)
Brandi Baca (verified owner) –
This was my second class with Jen…and I am here to say she is fantastically patient with us and she has us create the sweetest cards. If you are on the fence I am here to say I highly recommend you trying one of her classes. They are super fun, easy to follow and create super adorable cards using Lawn Fawn products!!! Come join us you will have a blast.
Heidi (verified owner) –
As if the stamp wasn’t cute enough, Jenn creates the cutest cards & class is easy to follow and keep caught up.
Kathleen skou (verified owner) –
This was such a great class. I always learn so much about COPIC coloring from Jenn. She has mastered the on-line class… well paced, thorough and patient!!! I’m already signed up for more!
ROBIN E BERNIER (verified owner) –
This class was so much fun!! I love the cards we made during class and am looking forward to making the bonus cards. Jenn is an excellent teacher. I discovered her about a year ago and I am so grateful I did!! Because of her, my cardmaking skills have significantly improved. I am a much better Copic colored, my backgrounds have much more depth and I cleanly glitter all the things. 😊
Lisa H –
I’m new to Jenn’s classes and now I’m hooked! I’ve signed up for a bunch more, including past classes. They are so much fun! Jenn is a very friendly, patient teacher who obviously cares about her students. She makes every effort to make sure we have fun, learn and create wonderful cards. I adore her classes and look forward to many more!
Stephanie Huffaker (verified owner) –
This class was SO much fun! I learned some new techniques and found use for supplies I haven’t gotten out in a while. Jenn’s teaching style is wonderful and the pace of the class was perfect. I was blown away by how awesome a job Jenn did keeping up with the love chat and answering questions during class. I will 100% be signing up for more of Jenn’s classes.