Just Add Glitter is just an excuse for us to “glitter all of the things” but seriously, we will be creating 3 unique cards from start to finish! Jenn will have dedicated time to go over the Copic coloring of all the images. Jenn will share instructions for building scenes with your cards and look at your stamp sets a bit differently. As always throughout the class tips and tricks will be shared. Jenn will also share the designs of 2 bonus cards, using the supplies we used in class. Tons of inspiration for you to use with your crafty supplies!
All of the LIVES will be available in the private Facebook group. If you can’t attend the class LIVE you can watch the videos whenever it is convenient for you.
Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that Jenn does.
Also included in the class:
- downloadable supply list
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
Order class supplies
Jenn does not ship kits for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies Jenn provides a list of stores and links where you can find these products. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
If you are going to shop online, check out my affiliate links here: https://shurkus.com/jennabler-alert
Limited Kits Available
Scrappy Chic in the US and Papercrafters Workshop in Canada are offering a limited amount of kits for this class, contact them ASAP if you are interested. These are an additional fee, and Jenn has no role in creating these or shipping these out.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Once you sign up for the class you have access to the class resource page, there is a downloadable handout for the supply list on that page. You will also see the class prep to determine substitutions that can be made.
Even though I list these as required, in reality, anything can be substituted in class, and you can make your cards with any supplies
Lawn Fawn Supplies Required
- Just Add Glitter, LF2852
- Just Add Glitter Lawn Cuts, LF2853
- Art Supplies, LF2875
- Canvas and Easel, LF2874
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases, and some layers on cards, and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
Non-Lawn Fawn Supplies Required
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn will be using Copic Markers (see list below and swatches)
- Distress White Heavystock, 1 – 8.5” x 11” sheet (for ink blending and coloring techniques)
- Foam squares
- Versafine Onyx Black (a black ink for sentiments)
- Blender Brushes (for ink blending dye inks)
- Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers (for ink blending)
- Die-cut machine
**** you can use Distress Oxides, your cards will just look different than Jenn’s and that is ok
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute them with items you have.
Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- All The Dots Petite Pack, LF2902
- Paint Splatter Background Stencil, LF2895
- Lots of Stars Background Stencils, LF2893
- Henry’s ABCs, LF2814
- Magic Messages, LF2508
- Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139
- Small Stitched 4 Bar Rectangles, LF1027
- Outside In Stitched Rectangles, LF1442
- Mermaid Cardstock, LF1121
- Kraft Cardstock, LF1747
- Chocolate Bar Cardstock, LF1936
- Black Licorice Cardstock, LF1125
- Jet Black Ink Pad, LF1302 (any black ink pad for stamping and that will work with your coloring medium)
- White Pigment Ink Pad (Jenn’s favorite is Yeti, LF1003)
- Glue Tube, LF1664
- Prisma Glitter, LF1535
- Acrylic Blocks ( to stamp sentiments and small images on cards 3.5”, 1.75” and 3” x 6” are the ones Jenn uses most)
Non-Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Quickie Glue Pen (only needed if you will be adding Prisma Glitter to your cards)
- Glossy Accents (only needed if you will be adding Prisma Glitter to your cards)
- White Gel Pen
- Scrapbook Adhesives, Black Foam Strips
- Scrapbook Adhesives, White Foam Strips
- Flour Sack Cloth
- Embossing Gun
- White Embossing Powder (Jenn’s favorite is Brutus Monroe Alabaster White)
- Cottontail Embossing Tool (or another tool to help in embossing)
- Spellbinders Best Ever Craft Tape or something similar (post-it tape, washi tape, etc)
- Misti stamping tool, or another stamp platform
- Wendy Vecchi Stay-tion, to use with stencils
- Tombow Removable Adhesive Runner if using the Wendy Vecchi Stay-tion
- Mister bottle filled with isopropyl alcohol, for easy stencil cleaning during class
Copics Jenn will be using
You can color your images with any coloring medium you prefer.
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page. Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that Jenn does.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the downloadable class supply list and class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: What if I want to take the class with a friend, should we both register?
A: As many of us are starting to get together with friends again, to hang out and hopefully create together. I wanted to remind you that the policy for my online classes is that everyone who is taking the class should register for the class. It is not fair for a group of friends to get together under one registration. The class fee is very affordable and a lot of hours go into designing and hosting the classes, I hope you will understand and support me.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards Venmo and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos. However, people from all over the world have been taking Jenn’s online classes.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page.
- The downloadable supply list and class prep handout is available when registration opens for the class
- The class handout with full images of the cards, coloring guides etc is available a few days before the LIVE class is hosted.