East Coast Fawnies Present: Happy Harvest – Online Class
** Note: The LIVE portion has already taken place. Class resources are available. A replay of the class videos, group participation, coloring guides, and handouts **
Happy Harvest is an opportunity to create 4 unique cards from start to finish with Jenn & Chari! They will have dedicated time to go over Copic coloring of all the images as well as Distress ink techniques. We will be creating a Swish n’ Pop interactive card and as always throughout the class tips and tricks will be shared. Jenn and Chari will also share the designs of 2 bonus cards, using the supplies we used in class. Tons of inspiration for you to use with your crafty supplies!
All of the LIVES will be available for replay in the private Facebook group.
Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
Also included in the class:
- downloadable supply list
- card kit prep information
- images of all the cards, including detailed shots
- supplies listed per card as well as assembly information
- Copic coloring guides (If you do not have Copic markers you can choose to color with a different medium and you will still find the coloring guides helpful)
- 2 bonus card designs
Some feedback from previous class attendees:
Order class supplies
Jenn does not ship kits for this class, so there are some supplies you should have on hand. Jenn will also provide images of what should be stamped and die-cut before class. If you are looking to purchase ANY of these supplies Jenn provides a list of stores and links where you can find these products. You can find this list of stores and links to their shops and online shops here.
There are many substitutions that can be made- if you have questions please email Jenn
Once you sign up for class and have access to the class resource page, there is a downloadable handout for the supply list
Lawn Fawn Supplies required
- Happy Harvest, LF971
- Happy Harvest Lawn Cuts, LF972
- You Autumn Know, LF2660
- You Autumn Know Lawn Cuts, LF2661
- Purrfectly Wicked, LF2664
- Purrfectly Wicked Lawn Cuts, LF2665
- Swish n’ Pop Pull Tab, LF2518*
*If you don’t want to create an interactive card, you can create the card with a similar design
Non-Lawn Fawn Required Supplies
- Coloring medium of choice Jenn & Chari will be using Copic Markers (colors listed below)
- Neenah Classic Crest Cover, Solar White 80#, Super Smooth for Copic coloring, card bases and layers on cards, and Lawn Fawn white cardstock item LF1753 is just that.
- Distress White Heavystock- Qty 2 – 8.5×11 sheets (We will be ink blending, and creating wet inky backgrounds on this. You can substitute with a watercolor cardstock, Jenn recommends Distress Watercolor Cardstock)
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Versafine Onyx Black (a black ink for sentiments)
- Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, Salvaged Patina, Peacock Feathers, Wilted Violet, Tea Dye, Vintage Photo, Black Soot (Distress Oxides can be substituted, your cards will look different from Jenn’s as they are more opaque than regular Distress Inks)
- Ink Blending Tools and/or Blender Brushes (Jenn & Chari will be using a variety of both and sharing why they like each)
- Heat Tool
- Distress Sprayer (or another water spritzer)
- Piece of acetate or plastic for an ink smooshing technique
- Die-cut machine
Optional Supplies- These items are not required to complete the cards, you can substitute them with items you have. In parenthesis see recommendations for substitutions.
Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Outside In Stitched Rectangle Stackables, LF1442
- Grassy Border, LF613 (any grassy border die)
- Simple Stitched Hillside Borders, LF1054
- Everyday Sentiment Banners, LF1139 (you can cut your own banners if you prefer)
- Plaid Stencils, LF2576
- Kraft Cardstock, LF1747
- Jet Black Ink Pad, LF1302 (any black ink pad for stamping and that will work with your coloring medium)
- Glue Tube, LF1664
- Prisma Glitter, LF1535
Non-Lawn Fawn Optional Supplies
- Quickie Glue Pen (only needed if you will be adding Prisma Glitter to your cards)
- White Gel Pen
- Fine point black pen (Micron 01)
- Flour Sack Cloth
- Spellbinders Best Ever Craft Tape or something similar (post-it tape, washi tape, thermo web purple tape)
- Misti stamping tool, or another stamp platform
- Acrylic Blocks ( to stamp sentiments and small images on cards 3.5” and 1.75” are the ones Jenn uses most)
- Wendy Vecchi Stay-tion
- Zig Kuretake Gansai Tambi Starry Colors (for gold splatters)
- Distress Picket Fence Paint, or white watercolor paint (for white splatters)
Copics Jenn will be using
You can color your images with any coloring medium you prefer.
How this will work:
Once you have purchased this online class, and your order has been processed you will want to join the private Facebook group and access the class resource page. Please note it may take time to be approved into the Facebook group as this is a manual process that is done by Jenn.
To find the class Facebook page and class resource page:
- goto https://shurkus.com/my-account
- log in to your account
- then under “my orders” find the order for the particular class, click that
- down towards the bottom, you will see “NEXT STEP”
- There is a link to the class Facebook group, and under that, you will find the link/password to the class resource page
- This is a different password than you used to log into your account.
When requesting to join the private Facebook group, please be sure to answer the 3 questions, this will help me verify that you are signed up.
On the class resource page, you will find the downloadable class supply list and class prep handout. This will include the details of what to have stamped, die-cut, and pre-cut ahead of time before you watch the class videos.
With the supplies you have gathered ahead of time you will be able to watch the videos and to create right along with Jenn as she teaches. You will be able to comment, ask questions, and interact with other students. You can also share your projects in the group. If you happen to miss the live broadcast, or if you want to rewatch it, it will be permanently saved in the group video section. You will still be able to ask questions in the group or reach out to Jenn.
All important announcements and the replays of the videos will be kept in the “Announcements” section of the Facebook group, so they will be easy to find.
Q: What if I want to take the class with a friend, should we both register?
A: As many of us are starting to get together with friends again, to hang out and hopefully create together. I wanted to remind you that the policy for my online classes is that everyone who is taking the class should register for the class. It is not fair for a group of friends to get together under one registration. The class fee is very affordable and a lot of hours go into designing and hosting the classes, I hope you will understand and support me.
Q: How long will you have access to the class
A: Indefinitely (as long as Facebook is around)
Q: I don’t have Facebook. How can I join the class?
A: Because we are using Facebook’s platform to host the class, you must have a Facebook account to join.
Q: I plan on taking the class with a friend, do we both need to sign up?
A: Just as if you were to take the class in person, everyone that plans to attend the class, should sign up and pay for the class.
Q: I don’t have all the supplies listed.
A: You can always substitute for similar items, or leave something out. Email Jenn if you have questions
Q: Your class is at 11 am Eastern time, but I live in England. What time will your class air?
A: Go to World Clock and personalize the clocks at the top with New York time and your local time.
Q: I took one online live class. Will your next class go to the same group?
A: No, each class will have its own unique Facebook group. You must sign up for each class separately.
Q: Where do I find the video?
A: On the day of class, pull the group up on your phone, tablet, or computer. When class starts, you will see a post that Jenn is going Live in the group. Click on that to watch. After class is over, you can watch the video by clicking on the “Video” section of the group.
Q: What payment options do you offer?
A: All major credit cards and PayPal
Q: Can I have a refund for the class
A: Unfortunately, since you have already gained access to the class resource page, and were provided the website and password there are no refunds.
Q: I have technical problems!
A: Email Jenn and she will do her best to help. However, if she is in the middle of the LIVE she obviously will not be able to get back to you until after. Note that the classes will work well on your computer with a high-speed internet connection. They are not guaranteed to work on tablets, but we have tested them on our iPad and they worked well.
Q: In what language are the classes?
A: The classes are in English. There is no written transcript of the videos. However, people from all over the world have been taking Jenn’s online classes.
Q: When will the class handout be available?
A: All handouts are posted on the password-protected class resource page.
- The downloadable supply list and class prep handout is available when registration opens for the class
- The class handout with full images of the cards, coloring guides etc is available a few days before the LIVE class is hosted.
Laura McSweeney (verified owner) –
These Lawn Fawn scarecrows are adorable, and Jenn and Chari are wonderful teachers and lead you through all the steps to make fun and cute cards. Have taken almost all of the classes and they are all great, including this one!
Chris D (verified owner) –
This was a fun virtual card class with amazing instructors (Jenn and Chari). The handouts were clear and detailed for the class preparation. If you don’t have a certain supply, just use something close. I loved learning how to do the different inky backgrounds to create the cutest cards! Although, I think you can put this scarecrow on just about anything, and it will be cute! The class was easy to follow along, and Jenn & Chari did a great job with tips and different ways we could use our own supplies to change things up a bit. I hope they do another class together soon. I will definitely sign up for that!
Karla (verified owner) –
I absolutely loved this class. Got to have Jenn and Shari both teach, so you got different techniques using the same products. Did some inky backgrounds, color blending, an interactive card and as always Jenn makes Copic coloring easy to follow. I enjoy taking these classes
Karla (verified owner) –
I absolutely loved this class. Got to have Jenn and Shari both teach, so you got different techniques using the same products. Did some inky backgrounds, color blending, an interactive card and as always Jenn makes Copic coloring easy to follow.
Lindsy Cummings (verified owner) –
This was one of my favourite card classes ever (and I’ve taken a lot)! Jenn & Chari’s designs for Happy Harvest were adorable and involved so many different techniques (from stamping, to colouring, to stencilling, to creating inky/watercolour backgrounds, and of course…glittering)! The prep and class handouts are thorough for every one of Jenn’s virtual classes, which makes it super easy to get ready and/or follow along during class. As well, the pacing during the Live is perfect and it’s super easy to go back and rewatch afterwards if you need to finish the cards or complete the class at a later date. I highly recommend you take any – or ALL – of Jenn’s virtual classes…you won’t be disappointed!