Who: Anyone who likes to play with paper, wants to be inspired, enjoys learning new techniques or just wants some “me” time
What: a WICKED creative, inspiring art retreat day where you will create 15+ handmade holiday cards! (please note you can choose to omit the sentiment and most cards can be a winter greeting, birthday, thank you etc)
When: Sunday, October 12th, 10a-5p (NOTE: 2 spots just opened for Saturday, October 11th event email me if interested.)
Cost: $100 includes supplies and creative designs of over 15 handmade cards, lunch, snacks and beverages as well as other goodies!
Where: North Providence, Rhode Island – located conveniently off of 295
Be sure to register early as this event will fill fast!
Envision walking into a spacious, bright, inspiring loft – this is where you will start your creative journey. During this retreat you will create a stash of unique cards. You will have an amazing time! Whether you are a card maker, a papercrafter, a scrapbooker or all of the above this retreat is for you! This retreat is open to everyone and all skill levels. At this all day retreat located within an inspiring old mill building not only will you create over 15 cards, you will learn different techniques and get to play with supplies you might not have had a chance to. Jenn will guide you and instruct you through the many different card designs, and you will also get a chance to work as a team with your table mates.
Your art retreat kit will be chocked full of yummy supplies! Some of these supplies you will use to create your cards, and some will just be goodies to take home and play with on your own! There are very few items you will need to bring with you. Lunch, snacks, beverages and sweet treats will be provided. Jenn truly wants to give you an escape from the everyday where all you will need to worry about it CREATING!
We are also WICKED excited to announce that we will have a bunch of Lawn Fawn goodies as well as other SURPRISES for sale at this event!
Included in your retreat fee:
- 6 hours of instruction, and creating time
- over $40 retail in product
- lunch catered by Panera Bread (see menu below)
- 15+ handmade cards will be created. There will be 7+ unique designs and you will create multiple of some designs. All with a holiday & winter flare using Lawn Fawn (and other surprise companies) stamps and a zillion other inks, coloring methods and embellishments.
- spacious and bright place to create
- everything needed to create all the cards will be provided (except for a few adhesives and basic inks and supplies, see below)
- snacks and beverages throughout the day
- quality control by Mister Harley (don’t worry he loves everything you create, trust me Jenn knows)
The Fine Print:
- There is ample parking and an elevator in Jenn’s building, however she is located at the end of a VERY long hallway. No worries though, if you need help carrying your supplies in she has a handsome assistant on staff 😉
- Clearly Mister Harley, Jenn’s cat runs the show in the loft so he of course will be in attendance during the day.
- Supplies need to be ordered for the “chocked full kits” so unfortunately there are no refunds for this event. Since there is a lot of stamping involved to make these creations kits will not be available if you are unable to attend as they will only be random bits of paper.
Supplies to bring:
- Mini Score Pal or scorer for your paper trimmer (to be able to score card sizes)
- Bone folder
- Paper piercer
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Tape Runner
- Acrylic Block or stamp press ( Jenn reccommends at least one block 3×4 in size, having other sizes with you, especially a smaller one is helpful as well)
- Detail Scissors
- baby wipes
- quickie glue pen
- If you already own these inks it will be helpful for you to have your own ( Versafine black, Memento in black and brown)
- If you already own a waterbrush (one that holds water)
When registering you will be able to also pre-purchase some of the above supplies and they will be here for you the day of the event!
Lunch will be catered by Panera Bread. Everyone will have a sandwich of their choice, a bag of chips, a pickle, and a freshly baked cookie. Jenn will provide water, soda and seltzer. There will also be snacks available throughout the day so you will keep your creative energy! When registering you will be able to enter what kind of sandwich you would like. Sandwich options are (there will be details listed at time of registration):
- Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT Sandwich
- Italian Combo Sandwich
- Bacon Turkey Bravo® Sandwich
- Asiago Steak Sandwich
- Sierra Turkey Sandwich
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich
- Smoked Ham & Swiss Sandwich
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken Salad
- Chicken Cobb with Avocado Salad
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
- Chicken Cesar Salad
- Thai Chicken Slad
- Classic Salad with Chicken
- Greek Salad with Chicken