Who: Anyone who likes to play with paper, wants to be inspired, enjoys learning new techniques or just wants some “me” time
What: a WICKED creative, inspiring art retreat day where you will create a mixed media portfolio playing with all sorts of tools, mediums and embellishments learning new techniques along the way
When: Saturday, November 1st 10a-5p
Cost: $100 includes supplies and your completed art portfolio project, lunch, snacks and beverages as well as other goodies!
Where: North Providence, Rhode Island- located conveniently off of 295
Note: You can read about the May Loft Art Retreat here and the February Loft Art Retreat here
Be sure to register early as this event will fill fast!
Envision walking into a spacious, bright, inspiring loft – this is where you will start your creative journey. Jenn will gently nudged you beyond your creative comfort zone, but it will so be worth it! You will create inspiring art. You will have an amazing time! Whether you are a card maker, a mixed media artist, a scrapbooker or all of the above this retreat is for you! This retreat is open to everyone and all skill levels. At this all day retreat located within an inspiring old mill building not only will you create a unique portfolio, and learn techniques throughout the project- more importantly you will have time to play! Jenn will guide you and instruct you through many different techniques, but she will also step back and give you time to create and experiment with those techniques… learning how to incorporate them into your style.
Your art retreat kit will be chocked full of yummy supplies! Some of these supplies you will use to create your art portfolio, and some will just be goodies to take home and play with on your own! There are very few items you will need to bring with you. Lunch, snacks, beverages and sweet treats will be provided. Jenn truly wants to give you an escape from the everyday where all you will need to worry about it CREATING!
We are also WICKED excited to announce that we will have a bunch of supplies from Ranger including Tim Holtz and Dina Wakley items for sale at this event!
Included in your retreat fee:
- 6 hours of instruction, and creating time
- over $40 retail in product
- lunch catered by Panera Bread (see menu below)
- An art portfolio will be created. We will create the outer cover as well as many unqiue technique tags for the inside. We will be using products from Dina Wakley and Tim Holtz. Paints, Inks, Stencils, Stamps and more!
- spacious and bright place to create
- everything needed to create the project will be provided (except for a few supplies, see below)
- snacks and beverages throughout the day
- quality control by Mister Harley (don’t worry he loves everything you create, trust me Jenn knows)
The Fine Print:
- There is ample parking and an elevator in Jenn’s building, however she is located at the end of a VERY long hallway. No worries though, if you need help carrying your supplies in she has a handsome assistant on staff 😉
- Clearly Mister Harley, Jenn’s cat runs the show in the loft so he of course will be in attendance during the day.
- Supplies need to be ordered for the “chocked full kits” so unfortunately there are no refunds for this event. Since there is a lot of stamping involved to make these creations kits will not be available if you are unable to attend as they will only be random bits of paper.
Everyone Should Have Their Own:
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- strong dry adhesive such as score-pal
- Acrylic Block or stamp press (Jenn recommends at least one block 3×4 in size, having other sizes with you, especially a smaller one is helpful as well)
- Detail Scissors
- baby wipes
- glossy accents
- Various paintbrushes (not foam) and a container to hold water
- 3-5 colors of acrylic paint (Jenn recommends Dina Wakley, Liquitex or higher quality for the best results)
Supplies to bring IF YOU ALREADY OWN them
- Archival black inkpad
- Distress Inks ( A few of your favorite colors including black soot and walnut stain)
- Small stencils (Tim Holtz, 6×6 sizes or other smaller sizes)
- edge distresser
(please remember to label your tools with your name and if you don’t know what the above items are… perfect! that is one of the reasons that you are coming to learn!)
If you would like to special request any of the above supplies and they will be here for you the day of the event! (email Jenn)
Lunch will be catered by Panera Bread. Everyone will have a sandwich of their choice, a bag of chips, a pickle, and a freshly baked cookie. Jenn will provide water, soda and seltzer. There will also be snacks available throughout the day so you will keep your creative energy! When registering you will be able to enter what kind of sandwich you would like. Sandwich options are (there will be details listed at time of registration):
- Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich
- Roasted Turkey & Avocado BLT Sandwich
- Italian Combo Sandwich
- Bacon Turkey Bravo® Sandwich
- Asiago Steak Sandwich
- Sierra Turkey Sandwich
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
- Smoked Turkey Breast Sandwich
- Smoked Ham & Swiss Sandwich
- Tuna Salad Sandwich
- Strawberry Poppyseed & Chicken Salad
- Chicken Cobb with Avocado Salad
- Fuji Apple Chicken Salad
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
- Chicken Cesar Salad
- Thai Chicken Salad
- Classic Salad with Chicken
- Greek Salad with Chicken
If you have any questions, feel free to email Jenn.
0 Comments for “Loft Art Retreat- November 2014”