Creative Journey Art Retreat • April 14-15, 2018
Saturday, April 14 -Registration is FULL
Sunday, April 15 – One Seat Available, Register HERE
For the past 4 years, I have been hosting Art Retreats in Providence Rhode Island and on Cape Cod. When I moved back to Cape Cod and found Cape Space in Hyannis to host the art retreats I couldn’t have been happier! It is bright, spacious and it doesn’t hurt that the decor follows my love for teal!
Creative Journey: an art retreat on Cape Cod
What is a Creative Journey Art Retreats? Envision walking into a spacious, bright, inspiring creative space – this is where you will start your creative journey. During the retreat you will be creating a stack of all-occasion cards. No matter if you are a card maker, a papercrafter, a scrapbooker or all of the above this retreat is for you!
As always there will be on-site shopping from a variety of companies such as Lawn Fawn, Neat & Tangled, Newton’s Nook, Concord & 9th, Ranger and more!
Saturday, April 14 • 10a-5p: Creative Journey: Cardmaking, Day 1 (FULL)
Come for one day, or make a weekend of it and attend both days! Different cards each day.
Note: The cardmaking retreats have been so popular I am offering TWO full days this spring! You can come both days and create different cards EACH day! We will create a variety of cards including thank you, birthday, encouragement, Christmas etc. Cards pictured are from past events to give you an idea of what you will make, but you will be creating all new designs with new product from our sponsors.
You can read about previous Art Retreats here:
Did you know I have had people attend the Art Retreats from 11 different states and 2 countries!?!
- Photos posted on Instagram by me and attendees here
- April 2015 here
- March 2015 here
- October 2014 here
- May 2014 here
Anyone who likes to play with paper wants to be inspired, enjoys learning new techniques or just wants some “me” time this event is for YOU! You can come for the full weekend or just one day, that is up to you. The fee per day is $125, this includes supplies and your project, lunch, snacks, and beverages as well as other goodies!
Event Location: The event will be held at Cape Space which is conveniently located in Hyannis, Massachusetts.
Stay for the weekend: If you would like to stay in the area there is a discounted rate available at the Fairfield Inn & Suites April 13-16th at $109.00-$119.00 per night. Book your group rate for Creative Journey Art Retreat. Be sure to mention “Creative Journey Art Retreat” if you call 508-771-6100
“I have been to 5 of Jenn’s retreats and this was my 2nd Mixed media retreat, I love learning to use different mediums and Jenn is a fantastic teacher. It’s a stress-free environment, everything you need is right at your fingertips. I try not to miss any…..”
“Jenn’s Art Retreats are each a wonderful day of learning and creative fellowship, filled with fun projects. She shares new techniques and a provides a very supportive and comfortable environment. A perfect vacation day away from home and a great value!”
Included in your retreat fee:
- 6 hours of instruction, and creating time
- over $40 retail in product
- lunch (soup, salad & breadsticks) catered by Olive Garden
- 12+ handmade cards will be created. There will be at least 6+ unique designs and you will create multiple of some designs. (note: cards pictured are from past events to give you an idea of what you will make, but you will be creating all new designs with new product from our sponsors)
- a spacious and bright place to create
- everything needed to create all the cards will be provided (except for a few adhesives and basic supplies, see below)
- sweets provided throughout the day
The Fine Print:
- The event is being held In Hyannis MA at Cape Space
- There will be ample parking available
- Coffee and Tea available for a small fee throughout the day
- Supplies need to be ordered for the “chocked full kits” so unfortunately there are no refunds for this event. Since there is a lot of stamping involved to make these cards kits will not be available if you are unable to attend as they will only be random bits of paper.
- Note: cards pictured are not the designs you will be creating
- If you would like to stay in the area there is a discounted rate available at the Fairfield Inn & Suites April 13-16th at $119.00 per night. Book your group rate for Creative Journey Art Retreat. Be sure to mention “Creative Journey Art Retreat” if you call 508-771-6100
Supplies to bring:
- Mini Score Pal or scorer for your paper trimmer (to be able to score card bases)
- Bone folder
- Paper piercer
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Tape Runner
- Acrylic Block or stamp press ( Jenn recommends at least one block 3×4 in size, having other sizes with you, especially a smaller one is helpful as well)
- Detail Scissors
- quickie glue pen
- If you already own a water brush (one that holds water)
Lunch will be catered by Olive Garden.
Chicken & Gnocchi: A creamy soup made with roasted chicken, traditional Italian dumplings, and spinach.
Pasta e Fagioli: White and red beans, ground beef, tomatoes and pasta in a savory broth.
Minestrone: Fresh vegetables, beans, and pasta in a light tomato broth – a vegetarian classic.
Their famous house salad is topped with olives, onions, pepperoncini, and tomatoes. Included on the side their signature salad dressing, croutons, and parmesan cheese.
If you have a seating request or would like to tell me who you want to sit with please send me an email and I will do my best to fulfill all requests.