Saturday April 14, 2018 • 10a-5p
Hyannis, MA (day 1)
Come for one day, or make a weekend of it and attend both days! Different cards each day. Sign up for Sunday here!
Note: The cardmaking retreats have been so popular I am offering TWO full days this spring! You can come both days and create different cards EACH day! We will create a variety of cards including thank you, birthday, encouragement, Christmas etc. Cards pictured are from past events to give you an idea of what you will make, but you will be creating all new designs with new product from our sponsors.
Envision walking into a spacious, bright, inspiring creative space – this is where you will start your creative journey. During this retreat, you will create a stash of unique cards. You will have an amazing time! Whether you are a card maker, a paper-crafter, a scrapbooker or all of the above this retreat is for you! This retreat is open to everyone and all skill levels. At this all day retreat located on Cape Cod not only will you create over 12 cards, you will learn different techniques and get to play with supplies you might not have had a chance to. Jenn will guide you and instruct you through the many different card designs, and you will also get a chance to work as a team with your table mates.
Art retreats are the best! Jenn is awesome. She is so full of creative energy and fun! I have gone to them by myself, not knowing anyone and everyone is always friendly and fun! It takes your mind off duty for the day! Kim CT
Art Retreats are like mini craft vacations! I love everything about them. Most especially Jenn is amazingly talented, kind & a wonderful teacher. The projects are always amazing and I learn something new each time. Having the little “store” of items we can purchase is great. Michelle MA
Included in your retreat fee:
- 6 hours of instruction, and creating time
- over $40 retail in product
- lunch (soup, salad & breadsticks) catered by Olive Garden
- 12+ handmade cards will be created. There will be at least 6+ unique designs and you will create multiple of some designs. (note: cards pictured are from past events to give you an idea of what you will make, but you will be creating all new designs with new product from our sponsors)
- a spacious and bright place to create
- everything needed to create all the cards will be provided (except for a few adhesives and basic supplies, see below)
- sweets provided throughout the day
The Fine Print:
- The event is being held In Hyannis MA at Cape Space
- There will be ample parking available
- Coffee and Tea available for a small fee throughout the day
- Supplies need to be ordered for the “chocked full kits” so unfortunately there are no refunds for this event. Since there is a lot of stamping involved to make these cards kits will not be available if you are unable to attend as they will only be random bits of paper.
- Note: cards pictured are not the designs you will be creating
- If you would like to stay in the area there is a discounted rate available at the Fairfield Inn & Suites April 13-16th at $109.00-$119.00 per night. Book your group rate for Creative Journey Art Retreat. Be sure to mention “Creative Journey Art Retreat” if you call 508-771-6100
Supplies to bring:
- Mini Score Pal or scorer for your paper trimmer (to be able to score card bases)
- Bone folder
- Paper piercer
- Foam Tape or Pop Dots
- Tape Runner
- Acrylic Block or stamp press ( Jenn recommends at least one block 3×4 in size, having other sizes with you, especially a smaller one is helpful as well)
- Detail Scissors
- quickie glue pen
- If you already own a water brush (one that holds water)
Lunch will be catered by Olive Garden.
Chicken & Gnocchi: A creamy soup made with roasted chicken, traditional Italian dumplings, and spinach.
Pasta e Fagioli: White and red beans, ground beef, tomatoes and pasta in a savory broth.
Minestrone: Fresh vegetables, beans, and pasta in a light tomato broth – a vegetarian classic.
Their famous house salad is topped with olives, onions, pepperoncini, and tomatoes. Included on the side their signature salad dressing, croutons, and parmesan cheese.
If you have a seating request or would like to tell me who you want to sit with please send me an email and I will do my best to fulfill all requests.